We are delighted to announce that this year we are running our Radio Production/Podcasting workshop from Gorey Community School.
Duration: 4 Days (2.5 hours each Day)
Cost: €80 per child
Dates: 15th – 18th July 2019
Times: (Morning Workshop 10.30 am – 1 pm daily)
Ages: 10+. Please respect this.
This is a creative and very dynamic experience for children. The child’s potential will be unleashed, encouraged and supported over 4 action-packed days. It not only opens a window into the knowledge of how radio and podcasting are made but it can set the foundations for being a resilient learner. It gives children a voice, it empowers them. They are given the chance to think critically, to use their creativity and be innovative using their instincts with technology.
What’s it all about?
Over 4 days, children will be given the opportunity to get ‘hands-on’ experience of making a radio podcast. Children are introduced to the different roles: the Producer (the boss), the Mixing Desk operator, the Presenter and the Researcher/s. They all have an opportunity to be in those roles and negotiate which one works best for their personalities.
This not only improves their social skills but also their digital literacy and digital citizenship. They may learn about copyright laws or plagiarisms, security issues, file types, routine computer tasks e.g. file management. These are very relevant skills for their future and are transferable to their school projects and to life in general.
Day 1 – Hands-on equipment and techniques
- Introduction and overview
- Generating programme ideas
- Technical (how to use a mixing desk and recording software)
- Microphone techniques (Presenting)
- Story gathering/ using your phone or device to record. We encourage family and friends to participate in the Vox-Pop exercise.
Day 2/3 – Narratives and Sound-Recording
- Practical exercises using equipment
- How to interview
- Scriptwriting, what are intro, outro and links
- How to transfer and edit your recordings
- What is a Running Order and how to create one
Day 4 – Narratives and Sound-Recording
- Final edits of pre-recordings
- Printing of script and running order
- Final technical checks,
- Programme on air as life. Family and friends are invited to attend this recording. Time TBC.
- This link http://mediaskool.com/podcasts/ shows all productions so far.
The podcast will be available on Mediaskool T.Gonzalez YouTube Channel. Parents and friends are welcome; however, we need to be informed to have a smooth – interference free- LIVE recording.
In order to secure a place for your child, payments should be received not later than Wednesday 10th of July 2019.
Please contact Teresa on 0876254553 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The running of the workshop is subject to numbers. In the unlikely event of not getting enough children, refunds will be made accordingly.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that children participating in the workshop bring their daily supply of water and snacks.